[Discussion] Foundation Sample Mania

Has anyone noticed the storenvy page that leads to nowhere? Yeah, that one at the top. What's it for?
Drugstore foundation samples. Yep. That can be a thing with the right motivation (interest). 

How many times have you wished you could've swatched or sampled that foundation, just like you do with all the higher end ones at Sephora (Ulta doesn't do samples, as far as I know). How you buy a whole bottle and it doesn't match, and you can't return it because the drugstore don't play that and your "nearest" Ulta is a 30 minute drive you can't afford to take with your kids/dogs/spouse/job hounding you. Or maybe those companies that offer their products overseas and you can only order online! You know they don't take returns either.

This is an attempt at a solution for both of us. That right, me and you. Working together. Partners in not-crime. I need to:
  • Review foundations/concealers
  • Attempt to shade match/describe shades
You need:
  • Accurate reviews
  • The correct shade
We can help each other! What am I going to do with a bunch of bottles of non-matching foundations after I swatch and review? I can't take them back, so why not give you a chance! 

I'll be offering 3ml samples of every shade. I can price them two ways:
  1. Price per ml rounded up to the nearest dollar. This is the cheaper option since I'll be making pennies per sample. Downside is shipping will be flat rate at $5 to cover shipping materials and packaging.
  2. Price per ml + $1.50 for labor/materials. This is the more expensive option, but I can lower shipping to flat rate at $2.50 and offer a buy two, get one free deal (buy your supposed shade and one lighter and get darker free).
Note: I'm not a business major, so probably both of these models are going to be tweaked in some form or fashion so that profit can sustain the purchase of large amounts of foundation/packaging materials with little to no profit for me. This is literally all about offering information and product to you guys.

What I currently need from you guys is COMMENTS. Here, on Reddit, on Tumblr, on Instagram, anywhere really. I need to know that if I sink money into this, I'm actually being helpful and not just wasting money and time talking about things people don't want to hear about (coughHourglassPostscough). I'm gonna try to spread the idea around as much as possible, might even start some surveys. I would like to get this idea going my February, mid-Jaunary if there's a lot of interest, mid-February if there are complications.

So please, tell me what you think!

Comments

Popular Posts