Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm SPF 15

Lip balm is essential for a lipstick addict (like myself), so it's important to realize that lip care doesn't stop at rubbing on a balm after your lip cracks and splits in the middle of the day.

It can be demanding! Draining! Downright ridiculous if you let it. But at least you need (in my opinion) three types of "balm":

  1. Day "balm" - Can be worn alone, very hydrating and comfortable while easy to reapply.
  2. Mix "balm" - Similar to the day balm, but cheaper and usually paired with incredibly dry formula lipsticks (like my Kat Von D Everlasting Love Liquid Lipstick in Lolita, but that's another story).
  3. Night "balm" - Should last though the night, extremely hydrating, comfortable, and the epitome of balm.
I would consider the Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm SPF 15 ($7.50) a Mix balm. The formula I purchased is the Black Tea and Blackberry variant, but it comes in 5 different scents, including original. It's purchasable at Sephora for $7.50, so the price isn't amazing.

It's a clear, shiny balm with a pleasant scent and no discernible taste (WAH). The consistency is pretty thin, so it's easy to get a thin layer before you put on any other lip products. It doesn't last though the night like a Night Balm should, but can work in a pinch.

The smell isn't overpowering, but can get on your nerves if you don't like strange smells wafting you your nose every now and then. For me, it's a nice reminder that I'm wearing lip balm and the smell of blackberries has never been off putting. The consistency is great for mixing with stubborn colors for ease of wear or even ease of removal if you're having a problem with your lips staining (I'm looking at you MAC Heroine), so it's a pretty versatile product.

I don't think I'd buy this again, I threw it into an order during Sephora's Black Friday Sale after reading about it on Temptalia (Christine is so persuasive!), but it isn't really up my alley. It has some good points, but I use it so much that I might run out! Compared to an EOS Smooth Sphere Lip Balm that I've had since... who knows that's still round with a slight indent from use, this one is so easy to over apply, I'll use it all up pretty quickly. And for $7.50 a tube, I don't think this pleasant scent is completely worth the price.

Final Thoughts:


Quality: Average quality of a slippery moisturizing balm.
Packaging: Good for product dispensing, but not very cute. My boyfriend wouldn't mind using it in public.
Wear time: Around 2-3 hours without reapplication. Wears faster if you're talking a lot.
Repurchase? Possibly, but probably not. It's a nice clear balm, but it doesn't wow me.
Don't forget to get your cash back with ebates! Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Comments

Popular Posts