Bite Beauty BB for Lips in Tawny

This lovely color comes from the Bite Beauty Lip Love Kit which I will review later.

Every lipstick addict loves a good tinted lip balm, right? A nice sheer wash of color for those days when you forgot your favorite tube at home or you just don't feel like doing a very striking look? Like I mentioned in the Jack Black Intense Lip Therapy Lip Balm SPF 15 post, tinted balms are the best day balms for me. The sheer wash of color coupled with the moisturizing seal makes this my current favorite day balm.

The Bite Beauty BB for Lips in Tawny ($24.00) is described as a "dusty pink" and shows up as a light pink tint on my pigmented lips.


Image: Bite Beauty BB for Lips in Dolce, see Tawny below.
The packaging is the simple Bite packaging, grey tube with the word Bite in small set text. Also the product is twist up and twists down below the tube sides so you can't accidentally nick it with the top. As fabled, it's got a yummy taste that really gave it an edge as a product I'll really reach for over the Jack Black.





It's very... slippery. SO while it glides on well, the wear is less than desired. Coupled with my compulsive lip licking (so yummy and it's food grade! It counts as a snack!) and constant talking as I type, it wears of in 2 hours or less. Fortunately, I don't mind reapplying (makes me feel sexy), but at this price, you wouldn't want to be making a dent in it after a week.



Originally, I was frustrated with the color since it didn't really show up on my lips as pigmented as I would have hoped (I'm used to matte lipsticks and pigment pencils and what have you), but I've learned to appreciate the subtle rosy tint on my lips along with the shiny finish that gives me a little bit of a polished look at the end of the night after I've taken all of my makeup off.

Final Thoughts:
Quality: Subtle color. Comfortable to wear. Tastes great. Reaching for it right now to reapply.
Wear time: Not great, around 2 hours if you're not messing with it.
Repurchase? Yes, but in a darker color, like Dolce.
Don't forget to get your cash back with ebates! Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Comments

Popular Posts