Hourglass Modernist Eyeshadow Palette in Infinity

Now, you know I don't really care for eyeshadow, but when I caught a glimpse of the Hourglass Modernist Eyeshadow Palette - Infinity • Hourglass • $58.00 on Reddit.com's /r/makeupaddiction, I had to have it.
Let me take us back with a quick history of my relationship with eyeshadow:
  • Nope.
  • Failure.
  • I quit!
Yeah, so you have to wonder why I would want a Limited Edition eyeshadow palette that costs $58! That's not including tax, or gas because I had to drive into Beverly Hills (twice) to find it. First time, I found that the Barney's in Beverly Hills, the one on Wilshire for you Angelinos, closes at 7:00PM on Saturday night. That's right. 7 o' clock. So then I drove to the Barney's at the Grove. On a Saturday night. I don't even know how I found parking, but I did and found out that that branch DOESN'T CARRY HOURGLASS.

So much ugh. I got it the next day at the Barney's on Wilshire, opens at 12PM on a Sunday (lucky) and picked it up.

Here's the Barney's description:

An artist-inspired eyeshadow palette with seamless color transitions offering effortless blending in a single pan. Each palette contains five richly pigmented shades in a range of finishes from matte to shimmer for an endless array of creative eye looks.

The innovative multi-press, three-dimensional design, combined with a fine, creamy consistency, introduces a new level of control for blending and picking up pigment.



I'm sorry, I haven't assembled a lightbox yet, but look at this magnificent thing. I knew I would have to forsake all other shadow palettes in order to do this one justice. The shadows are so soft to the touch, and slightly powdery, like most Hourglass products (I'm referring to the Ambient Lighting Blushes). They are well pigmented, so you ladies of the darker color will definitely find this one up your alley. The blend ability is out of this world, so even shadow n00bs like myself have an easy time blending my colors.

The lightest shade, which will be referred to as Shade #1 from now on, is matte, smooth, slightly powdery, and applies mostly opaque. It's a great base color and is warm enough to be worn alone.

The next shade, henceforth referred to as Shade #2 is a warm, matte, milk chocolate brown color with the same texture as Shade #1.

The middle shade, which has attracted the most attention of makeup lovers, and will be called Shade #3, is a shimmer gold-brown color. The texture is a little less smooth, still powdery, and I accidentally got it in my eye while applying. Not fun.

Shade #4 is a cooler matte brown than Shade #2 and has a very similar texture to the first two shades. I'd recommend it for neutral, night looks while Shade #2 is for neutral, day looks.

Shade #5 is a cool, matte, dark brown and is my usual crease color for any look using this palette. Easy to blend and well pigmented, this shade gives a lot of dimension to my looks and could be used as an all over lid color for a smokey eye.

I haven't tried mixing the shades, which has been suggested due to the pan less layout of this palette, but I'm excited to try soon and give you an update.

Toodles!

Swatches (I'm still learning, these look way better applied. I was being gentle because I didn't want to upset the waves the product is pressed in)[Reminder to replace this image with one of good swatches]:

Shade #2 is near skin tone color for me, so it's nearly disappeared in this picture.


Final Thoughts:


Quality: Amazing quality, love mattes and neutral colors.
Packaging: Hourglass packaging, similar to the Ambient Lighting Palette, but smaller. Still sleek.
Wear time: Pretty good without primer. Last 4+ hours without reapplication.
Repurchase? Yes! I don't know if I'll ever run out in this lifetime, but if I do, definitely.

NOTE: Hourglass is supposed to be releasing more Modernist Palettes come January so start saving! I think this time everything, including Infinity, will be released to all outlets that carry Hourglass, which includes Sephora, which means POINTS and SALES so I'm not spending $58 on a palette at Barney's (no offense Barney's)!
Don't forget to get your cash back with ebates! Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Comments

Popular Posts