Viseart Eyeshadow Palette - 01 Neutral Mattes

It's been almost a week since the sneak peek, are you excited? I am! So let's have a chat about the Viseart Eyeshadow Palette in 01 Neutral Mattes.




Let me preface this by saying, I have extremely sensitive eyes. I can't open my eyes underwater in pools, the chlorine could probably blind me. Just being near pools makes my eyes water. I've gone out of my way to find the gentlest makeup remover for my eyes, so I'm particular about my eye makeup.

That said, the Viseart palette is filled with a lovely range of neutral shades that flatter all skin tones. For us ladies of color, the lighter top row could be used to blend colors into lighter shades or easier to blend bases for your lids.

The Viseart palettes; eyeshadow, concealer, and lip, all have very simple space saving packaging. Since it's a brand mainly marketed to makeup artists, having pretty palettes isn't what's important.

Colors that caught my eye: That orange is to die for. This palette really reminded me of the Kat Von D Ladybird palette and one of it's best features was a wonderful orange (Cleopatra?). Also that grey looked like it would make a sexy smokey eye.







After swatching, I noticed that with too much pressure these tend to be quite powdery, which is a huge negative if the fallout gets in my eyes (remember, sensitive eyes). Also, the grey color was impossible to get a good swatch out of, that one's the only one that was passed more than once after desperately rubbing the pan.

Finally, I actually put the product on my eyes. Again, it's amazingly pigmented, you get nearly opaque color the first layer you pan on. UNFORTUNATELY, I WAS BLINDED BY RIDICULOUS FALLOUT AND COULDN'T SEE. I'm about 59% sure the fallout is mostly a problem in the darker shades.  I had to tap off so much product over the sink in order to apply with minimal eye stinging. I'm going to attribute this issue to my own lack of skill rather than the palette (I pick up a lot of product on the first go), but it is something to consider before you drop $80 on this palette. At that price, this would've formed into my only palette and I would've had to destash the Hourglass so everything gets equal usage.

MY EYES!


Final Thoughts:
Quality: Smooth, pigmented, very very powdery and prone to fallout.
Wear time: About 5-6 hours on my oily lids, probably longer with primer!
Repurchase? DESTASH.

Don't forget to get your cash back with ebates! Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Comments

Popular Posts