January 2015 Planned Purchases

Part of a C^3 means having a budget. Budgeting can turn a situation of "Too much makeup, not enough face!" into "There's nothing I don't use here, you can't take it, you can't!" Some ladies like to have a budget of how much they're allowed to spend per month on beauty, either in general or specifically on makeup, but I prefer to plan my purchases ahead of time.


Most of the time, planned purchases come after the last month's destash. It's a time when I take my entire makeup collection out and objectively look at it to see what do I actually use, what don't I have, what could be improved, and what has already been working.

It's a daunting task.

[Spoilers] I recently realized that my Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow got little to no use due to it making me look like I had large, dark caterpillars on my face, so I decided I'm going to destash it this month. [/Spoilers] So a planned purchase could be trying brow pencils that I've heard about.

My planned purchases for January are:

  • Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick • $19.00 - Outlaw
    • I love a good red, but I want one that doesn't transfer all over everything. I figure if I destash my reds, I'm ok with having this one. I've really been falling for the Kat Von D formula, but I'm probably going to compare the color to Stila's Fiery and Beso and see which is the best red. Kat Von D also has a great price to product ratio in comparison to a few brands (including Stila) so that's why I'm labeling this as such.

Honestly, I'm still trimming the fat from my collection and I can't really convince myself to buy any other products without swatching. Unfortunately, I have to HUNT for my blush with more pigment than Ambient Lighting Powder, so I'll be visiting a couple Sephoras.


Don't forget to get your cash back with ebates! Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Comments

Popular Posts