January 2015 Planned Purchases Update

Part of a C^3 means having a budget. Budgeting can turn a situation of "Too much makeup, not enough face!" into "There's nothing I don't use here, you can't take it, you can't!" Some ladies like to have a budget of how much they're allowed to spend per month on beauty, either in general or specifically on makeup, but I prefer to plan my purchases ahead of time.


Since I got a new job, I have new makeup challenges, including:
  • How do you not look dead tired when you work at night?
  • How do you keep foundation and blush from running off on your white face mask?
  • How can I avoid taking my gloves off to scratch my eye without ruining my concealer?

See, challenging! Plus working on this blog has to happen in the time that I'm not completely dead to the world. Like, at all. Also difficult. But that's neither here nor there at this point. I work when I can and schedule the posts. I'm thinking about doing vlogs since I talk faster than I type and I don't have to take pictures and remember to upload them all the time. At the same time that my be a bad idea since I'm much more sarcastic in voice than text and someone may feel offended.

Anyway, I've also got the question of trying a beauty box service next month, but in order to fit it into my planned purchases, I would have to reduce it by an item (I'm not sure if I'm ready to limit myself to two items a month yet) to cover the constant charge.

Of my planned purchases, I got both.
  • I adore Mood Exposure, the marble is even better than the one in my palette and I look gorgeous. I now own 3 blushes, all in colors I like and will use!
  • Outlaw looks wonderful, it's a great red. I swapped my Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick mini in Lolita for a mini of Outlaw and I love it. It's super portable like my Berlin and looks amazing. Someone tell Kat Von she'd make a killing releasing a mini set of all her shades for $50. Hell, she could charge a little more and I'd still buy it (but I wouldn't buy any more lipstick for a pond time after that!)
I also got, from my fiancĂ©, the Inglot AMC Eyeliner in #77 (black) which has been on my Lust List for a long time and a friend was going to get it for me in a makeup exchange, but I got in a fight with the the Benefit They're Real  Push Up Liner mini and decided it was time to move on. I missed wearing eyeliner and I do pretty nice wings with an angle brush.

Result: I'm pretty proud of my purchases for the first month of the new year. I've done a good bit of destashing this month (next post I'm writing after this, I swear) and my c3 is looking more and more tight and well used (might do a long post on what a c3 is to me) compared to my old collection.

Comments

Popular Posts