January 2015 Destash

Part of having a C^3 (pronounced c-cubed), a Carefully Curated Collection, means getting rid of products that don't work for you. Often. I've decided to make mine regular destash monthly, at least to have me constantly reevaluating the products I keep on-hand.



Just a reminder of the two categories for my destashes:

  1. Swaps - Items I've had for a while and have decided, they're not getting as much use as I had planned, so I've swapped them on reddit.com's /r/makeupexchange or returned them to Sephora (in the case of little to no use) for either a refund or a equal item.
  2. Destashes - Items I have that I feel cannot be swapped with strangers, but with friends who either "don't care about germs" or trust that the items are coming from a mostly germ free person (I'm human, I do get sick, but I try not to wear makeup when I'm sick). These are also items I feel that would be better loved by the friend I'm destashing to, or they deserve it, or I'm short on Birthday present money, so "here's your choice of some makeup I have!"
SWAPS
  • Benefit Majorette Blush - Swapped on Swapidu for Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Strip. I've never tried an Urban Decay lipstick before, so I'm interested in trying the formula.
  • Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow in Chocolate - With this stuff, my eyebrows take over my face. I'm content with filling my brows using the darkest shade of my Hourglass palette, but may try a brow pencil in the future. I sold it on MUE to put towards trying a beauty box subscription.
  • Benefit They're Real Push Up Liner mini - Excuse my french but FUCK this stuff. Nuff' said.
  • Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Intense Lipstick in #48 - It's very dar, which I wouldn't mind, but either the formula is too creamy of it's the bullet shape, but I have a hard time getting a smooth line and it stains like a mother fucker.
  • NYX Jumbo Lip Pencil in Burgundy - I destashed my berry lip colors and this one has never been worn outside the house. That tells you enough.
  • Tarte Lipsurgence in Lust - I tried to Project Pan it, but I never ended up wearing it so maybe someone else would be interested in it?
  • Tarte Matte Lipsurgence in Fiery - Same as Lust, but I liked it a little better since it's not sheer. I still never wore it.
  • Hourglass Liquid Lipstick in Icon mini - So I tried it, it's sticky and I already have a liquid red that isn't sticky. I'll just get the Velvet Creme  lipstick in the same color instead. When I need another red.
  • NYX Round Case Lipstick in Snow White - Destashed the reds, I never wear this one. Out it goes! It's a good shade though, just not for me.
  • Kat Von D Painted Love Lipstick in A Go Go - Orange! But kind of sheer and it settles in lip lines. And it just looked really weird. Wiped it all off and left the house makeup less (I think I may have been frustrated with the whole look in general, but this lipstick didn't help :P)
  • Tarina Tarantino Conditioning Lip Sheen in Penny Arcade - I never wear it. Received in a BoxyCharm eons ago. Like, September or something since it was about holding onto summer.
  • Kat Von D Foiled Love Liquid Lipstick in Adora - Wore it at Christmas, can't think of another place I'd wear metallic red lip color. Destashed!
  • Viseart Eyeshadow Palette in 01 Neutral Mattes - Yup, I'm not keeping it. That fallout was blinding and watery eyes ruin makeup looks. I can figure out a similar look with my hourglass, I'm sure.

DESTASHES

  • Lancome Liner Design Eyeliner in Uptown Brun (Brown) - This is my first gel eyeliner. It's old, smells a little funny, and smudges really easily. It's like for 2011, so I have to throw it out, but I'll remember it fondly.

Comments

Popular Posts