December 2014 Destash

Part of having a C^3 (pronounced c-cubed), a Carefully Curated Collection, means getting rid of products that don't work for you. Often. I've decided to make mine regular destash monthly, at least to have me constantly reevaluating the products I keep on-hand.



Since this is my first Destash, it's going to have a lot of products, but remember, the size of the destash isn't important. It's the feeling of making sure you're using all the products you have! I'll likely separate my Destashes into two categories:

  1. Swaps - Items I've had for a while and have decided, they're not getting as much use as I had planned, so I've swapped them on reddit.com's /r/makeupexchange or returned them to Sephora (in the case of little to no use) for either a refund or a equal item.
  2. Destashes - Items I have that I feel cannot be swapped with strangers, but with friends who either "don't care about germs" or trust that the items are coming from a mostly germ free person (I'm human, I do get sick, but I try not to wear makeup when I'm sick). These are also items I feel that would be better loved by the friend I'm destashing to, or they deserve it, or I'm short on Birthday present money, so "here's your choice of some makeup I have!"
SWAPS
  • Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Palette - Honestly, I've been migrating to my singles in Diffused Heat and Radiant Magenta that when I open the palette, I go straight for Mood Exposure (Incandescent Electra never shows up without packing it on and Luminous Flush is too sweet pink for my tastes). I'm going to swap it for a full sized Mood Exposure.
  • Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation - I retried the sample and decided to stop being cheap and shell out the extra $5 and get the Veil foundation because I know I love the formula already. I'm just being lazy and cheap for no good reason since this is my only foundation. I'm going to swap it for the Hourglass Veil Fluid Makeup Foundation.
  • Bite Deconstructed Rose Lip Trio - In all honesty, and I wouldn't lie you you dear reader, I don't care for the colors enough to keep them in my collection. The only interesting color is Centrifolia, but I have no interest in it. I'm going to swap for a Kat Von D Everlasting Love Liquid Lipstick since I like the wear time and I'm getting better at applying them or just sell them to get some money back.

DESTASHES

  • AVON Glimmersticks Chromes in Ultra Violet - Was given as a junk gift from a superior. Never even wore it!
  • AVON Glimmersticks Chromes in Veluxe Blue - Was given as a junk gift from a superior. Never even wore it!
  • Benefit They're Real Push Up Liner - Giving the full size to a friend who likes eyeliner and might like the formula. 
  • Benefit They're Real Beyond Mascara mini - Hate the mascara. They might want it, gone!
  • Bite High Pigment Lip Pencil in Sable (mini) - The saddest part of lip sets is having colors that don't work for you. 1/4 not working out isn't bad odds though!
  • Girlactik Le Creme Lipstick - Received as a Holiday Swap gift. It's really weird and plasticky smelling and I have so many reds that I can't justify keeping this one.
  • Hourglass Opaque Rouge in Icon (mini) - The only Hourglass product I have the WORST time with. Something about applying it, I'm not doing right. So I got another in the Hourglass 500 point perk I picked up (in a sleepless haze) so I'm giving one away.
  • Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick in Lolita (mini) - I HATE THE FORMULA. It's so dry! It came it that Lip Love Set during Black Friday and I scooped it. The mini Berlin is awesome and I hope KVD releases more minis!
  • Lipstick Queen Sinner Lipstick in Nude - For them to advertise such a hydrating formula, it's dry. I used to apply it with a lip brush, but I don't like putting in so much effort for a lip color.
  • Make Up For Ever Smoky Extravagant Mascara - Received in the Sephora 2014 Birthday Gift and... That wand is ridiculous. For my crazy eyelashes, I need something that's trying to wrangle them into place, not push and shove into shapes. It was also a little flakey and my eyes are super sensitive to that.
  • NYX Liquid Crystal Liner in Crystal Onyx - I got it of MakeupExchange and I never use it. I think I was just buying anything NYX at that point. Slightly sad.
  • NYX Jumbo Lip Pencil in Deep Red - I got it of MakeupExchange and I never use it. I think I was just buying anything NYX at that point. Slightly sad. Plus I have so many red lipsticks, I think my head's going to explode.
  • NYX Two-Timer Liner - My first foray with liquid eyeliner, it was dollar cheaper than the other eyeliners and it had a pencil I thought I could fall back to if I got scared. No such luck. The liquid isn't black enough for me and the pencil's uber dry. But my friend can use it for crazy out there looks or lazy day liner.
  • NYX High Definition Eye Shadow Base - I have to drive nearly to Hollywood to buy this and I'm sad to say, I only own eyeshadows that don't really need primer. :P I'm still not sure if it was a Urban Decay Primer Potion dupe like others reported.
  • NYX Lipliner Pencil in Black Berry - I thought this would even out the NYX Macaron Lippie in Chambord (been gone), but I realized I would prefer a more matte black look. Alone it's really dry and uncomfortable to wear, so I never touched it after. So the search continues for what will I wear on my goth days.
  • NYX Simply Vamp Lip Creme in Temptress - Patchy. Patchy. Patchy. I feel bad for all those girls who rushed out to buy it, fought tooth and nail and found out. I received it as a birthday gift, but I feel bad not giving it any use.
  • OFRA Eyeliner in Turquoise - Received in a boxy charm box, I used it once and never touched it again. Maybe if I was Christine from Temptalia (she loves teal eyeliner).
  • Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Choco-Licious - I really thought this would be an awesome brown, but it's way too sheer and I'm a one step person with lipstick. No liner, no primer, slap that shit on, we gotta go!
  • Tarte SmoulderEYES Amazonian Clay Waterproof Liner in Brown - I'm too picky about my eyeliners, because I can't deal with smudging. This one is so hard to get a precise line and requires too much sharpening to stay sharp. Not my cup of tea.
  • Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara - I loved this mascara. My lashes were bold, long and dramatic. But, this mascara was flakey, enough that my eyes would water and make it flake more until I finally got home and took it all off. :(
  • Too Faced Liquified Lipstick in Melted Nude - Not my color! The saddest part of lip sets is having colors that don't work for you. 2/4 not working out isn't bad odds though! Right?
  • Too Faced Liquified Lipstick in Melted Peony - Not my color! The saddest part of lip sets is having colors that don't work for you. 2/4 not working out isn't bad odds though! Right?

Comments

Popular Posts