Revlon ColorStay Liquid Makeup Foundation for Normal/Dry Skin

I'm sorry this is late! Let's talk smack about the Revlon ColorStay Liquid Makeup Foundation for Normal Dry Skin before someone throws something.



So this is a pretty nice light-weight foundation in the drugstore price range. Since the only things I can compare it to is my high end Hourglass Veil Fluid Foundation and mid end Smashbox Camera Ready CC Cream, bear with me.

I hate the packaging. The glass bottle gives it a nicer feel, but honestly, a pump with really be useful. I was only trying to get the tiniest amount of for the wear test and nearly made a mess. Be careful of pouring out too much.



Compared to my other skin products this one may be the heaviest. It's still really light, but after 2 hours of wear I started to feel a strange itchy feeling on my cheeks, as if the product was flaking off. I checked in a mirror 5 times, nothing happened, but it was really weird. It might have been because of the fact that my skin is more oily/combination and I was using the dry/normal combo. Possibilities.

Left: Natural Tan; Right: Caramel


I applied using my beauty blender dupe, so that might have been something. I didn't want to cake it on (I don't need the full coverage look), but it has good medium to full coverage depending on how much you apply.

All the shades that were donated. Left: Normal/Dry Skin ; Right: Oily/Combination Skin. Note the difference in caps.


Currently I only have the shades "Natural Tan" and "Caramel". "Caramel" matches my NC50 tone pretty well so I'll recommend it, but I'll also recommend my foundation sample shop so you can try the shades I have for yourself. Possibly mid February/Early March I should have all the shades offered, but I have more shades in the oily/combo skin range (these were donated to help me start this). Hopefully I'll order some concealers soon to test!

Final Thoughts:
Quality: Don't care for the smell, not a huge thing but a bit of a turn off. Applies easily with a beauty blender. The packaging is a pain in the ass to use. Weird flaking feeling 3 or so hours in, no physical results.
Wear time: Wore through an 8 hour day, a lot of shine after 3 hours.
Repurchase? On sale in the Foundation Sample Store!

Don't forget to get your cash back with ebates! Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Comments

Popular Posts