March 2015 Planned Purchases Update

Part of a C^3 means having a budget. Budgeting can turn a situation of "Too much makeup, not enough face!" into "There's nothing I don't use here, you can't take it, you can't!" Some ladies like to have a budget of how much they're allowed to spend per month on beauty, either in general or specifically on makeup, but I prefer to plan my purchases ahead of time.

I smashed it. Like, brutally murdered it. This is the worst PP update I'll ever have for you guys, so let's get it over with. Why is it the worst? Three reasons:

  1. I overspent like CRAZY. According to YNAB (You Need A Budget, it's a program I highly recommend, will write a post on it) I spent my ENTIRE beauty budget on two items. One wasn't even on my Planned Purchases List. That's how bad this is. That budget is supposed to cover all "beauty" related items, including my monthly eyebrow/bikini wax. GUESS WHO GETS TO BE HAIRY FOLKS (yes TMI, but I'm being candid here).
  2. I bought something I didn't plan on. I bought the Kat Von D Ladybird Palette, which I have owned before, but I've been lusting for some variety in my eyeshadows (and my eyeshadow base finally arrived so everything feels good right now). If I had waited, I could have bought it used off of MUE, but instead spent a pretty penny (I don't want to talk numbers right now, I'm ashamed) on a brand new one (which comes with the nice feeling of owning new makeup, but still) because I impulsively purchased it. So I learned my lesson, lost out on like $30.
  3. I didn't even get everything on my list! I'm hunting around for a good swap, but currently, I won't be purchasing any new makeup. At all. I'm thinking of going on a swap only crusade, but don't quote me yet, I'm thinking. Since swapping shipping purchases come out of my pocket money, my beauty budget should be safe.
Some "good" news is that I cancelled my Choix box, so that's $20 a month I won't be losing to a bunch of samples I'll only use once! Time to start thinking about what I will and won't be purchasing during April. Also time to get prepared for Sephora's Spring Sale.

Comments

Popular Posts