[Review] Kat Von D Shade+Light Contour Brush

Long hiatus while I got my shit together guys. Started a youtube, don't really care for it. Maybe I'll work on my insta(gram) video skills and see what happens. Sorry this is short, but I don't normally do brush reviews.

The Kat Von D Shade+Light Contour brush is a double sided brush with a domed powder brush for the light side (applying highlight) and an angled powder brush for the Shade side (applying contour).
This brush doesn't feel as luxurious as it should. The cute coffin case is made of a cheap light plastic that feels really shitty in the hands. Like, you spent all this money on something CHEAAAAP. The brush is made of heavier plastic, but is still light in the hands for easy use.

Both brush head are made of medium dense packed synthetic bristles that don't place a whole lot of powder on the face. The Shade side gives me the gentlest, almost non-exisitant contour with my hard packed Too Faced Dark Chocolate Soleil Bronzer. Comparably, the Light side with my powdery Looxi Beauty highlighters pick up a lot of product and the highlight must be blended until the edges are softer.

Since the brush was made to be used with Kat Von D's triple milled contour powders, I could see how I would have vastly different results with each side. Unfortunately, I don't have an interest in owning the Shade+Light palette, I'm happy with my contour and highlight situation, so I can't test that for you.

Summary: Coffin feels cheap, brush is very focused on being used with KVD products, works well with powdery formulas, hard work with hard packed.

Would I buy again? If I was returning something of close value, yes. Out of pocket, probably not.

Comments

Popular Posts