February 2015 Planned Purchases

Sorry I've been gone so long! Work keeps me busy and exhausted. Also keeps me out of Sephora though, so I shouldn't complain too much. Happy Valentine's Day by the way, hope you're snuggling up with your best friend; your lover, your pet, your chocolate, or even your alcohol. Whatever rocks your world. Onwards!

Part of a C^3 means having a budget. Budgeting can turn a situation of "Too much makeup, not enough face!" into "There's nothing I don't use here, you can't take it, you can't!" Some ladies like to have a budget of how much they're allowed to spend per month on beauty, either in general or specifically on makeup, but I prefer to plan my purchases ahead of time.



After January's Destash, I'm pretty content with my C^3 so far. This doesn't mean I'm going to stop destashing, but it might be a lot less products, or it might happen less often. We'll see. So this months Planned Purchases ended up being things I actually need.

My Planned Purchases for February are:

  • Jack Black Lip Balm (Repurchase)
    • Since I've lost all my Bite Agave Lip Masks, I started using the Jack Blacks and realized that it did the same thing, although more slippery and without the great taste or weird film on my tongue. I recently lost my Jack Black so now I need to pick up a new one. The priced tag really makes that an easy decision. Time to smell all the scents until I find a good one, the Black Tea and Blackberry was a little too strong of a scent for bed time.
  • Sephora Twist and Spout Dispenser
    • I can't even find this thing on the site, but you know the pumps they have for you to get alcohol and makeup remover out of? They sell those so I'm picking one up so I stop spilling my Koh Gen Do in the morning when I'm trying to take off my makeup for bed.
  • Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation Mattifying Oil Free
    • Normally, I liked the dewy look of the Veil Foundation, but it transfers to my face mask like crazy and I feel like I just look oily at work. After testing my Immaculate sample, there was a lot less transfer and I looked more natural and clean. Since I work in a cold dry environment, I need to look the part, and looking like the oily black girl (only black person at work, wool wool) just doesn't seem appealing, so I'm going to see if Sephora will swap it for me since I still haven't used my bottle (I'm STILL USING SAMPLES!)
  • Choix Box from sochoix.com
    • I technically got it last month, but I counted it as a February purchase because it's for this month. Unfortunately, I did all my unboxing photos with my iPhone 4S camera, so the pictures are going to be shitty, but there will be an unboxing post. It's a cool beauty box with samples of high end brands that you get to chose every month. They got my attention by always liking my instagram photos (@sochoix) and I finally got one. Pretty nice. I'll tell you more in my unboxing post.
Quite a few items, but I think it's pretty manageable since I'm working and it's all stuff I use. Toodles!


Don't forget to get your cash back with ebates! Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Comments

Popular Posts